Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Marinated Cheese



Okay so this has got to be one of the best appetizers I have ever had. My friend Kayla brought this to my super bowl party and I think I ate most of it myself

Credit: Kayla Renner

Marinated Cheese:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
3 tbs chopped fresh parsley
3 tbs minced green onions
1 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (2ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
1 (8 ounce) block sharp cheddar cheese, chilled
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, chilled
3 tbs small capers (optional)

*Combine first 10 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously. set marinade aside

*cut block of cheddar in half lengthwise. cut crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices; set aside
repeat with cream cheese..stand cheese slices on edge in a shallow dish, alternating
pour marinade over cheese, cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hrs

enjoy!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I have ever had anything like this? It sounds sort of wierd.. which means I'm going to have to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete